01-09 August, 2016
Venue : Trident, Bandra Kurla Complex
SANOG28 Fellowship Applications Result:
The following Applicants are selected as Fellows for SANOG 28, Mumbai, India
1. Dilum Deemantha Samarasinghe, LEARN, Sri Lanka
2. Krishna Hari Chakradhar, Dish Media Network Pvt. Ltd, Nepal
3. Mahadi Hassan, Optimax Communication Limited, Bangladesh
4. Dhirendra kumar yadav, Mercantile Communication Pvt.Ltd, Nepal
5. Tara Chandra Shrestha, Apex College, Nepal
6. Azfar Adib, Grameenphone Ltd., Bangladesh
7. Palash Barua, Aamra Technologies Limited, Bangladesh
8. Umma Tamzida Akter, Link3 Technologies Ltd, Bangladesh
9. Saraswati Shrestha, Subisu Cablenet Pvt Ltd, Nepal
10. Anwar Zeb, ICT Directorate (PTA), Pakistan
The SANOG XXVIII Fellowship program has been made possible with a grant from the Internet Society (ISOC). The Fellowship encourages folks from the South Asian Region to participate in the workshop, tutorials and conference.
The SANOG Fellowship Program targets personnel from South Asian countries who are actively involved in Internet development, in any of the following roles:
- Engineers (Network Builders)
- Technology Decision Makers
- Educators and trainers
The successful applicant will be be provided with a reasonable (local host standard) accommodation, and partial costs towards transportation to the venue/accommodation, through the direct route possible, and not exceeding USD 500 or equivalent. The final grant size is determined according to final costs and available funding, and is advised to successful applicants. It should be noted that other expenses are not funded by the Fellowship Program and are the responsibility of the successful fellow. Dinner, when not in the conference program are not provided.
Local Fellowship Package
Special Fellowship package for resident of India will be provided. This will include free registration to all SANOG events but may/will not include transport, accommodation and any other relevant expenses.
While accepting the fellowship, the fellows will have to pay full registration of USD 300.00 (or equivalent INR) for the workshops, tutorials and conference. Fellowship are only available to full participants. The fellows are also obliged to fill out an evaluation form after the completion of SANOG.
Criteria for Selection
The SANOG Fellowship Committee will select the fellows according to following criteria.
A. Membership of the Target Audience listed above
B. Residency in a South Asian Country
C. Demonstrated ability to utilise the experiences gained from SANOG
D. Willingness to return to SANOG as a presenter or trainer in future
SANOG XXVIII Fellowship Program
Fellowship Application Opening : 01 May 2016
Fellowship Application Deadline : 01 June 2016
Fellowship Results Announcement: 15 June 2016
Fellowship Acceptance: 20 June 2016